Getting Started - Looking for a Roommate or Sublease
Welcome to the Off-Campus Housing Database!
The purpose of this portion of the site is to create a secure and reliable venue for Appalachian State University students to post and review listings for roommates and subleases.
Who is eligible to post a roommate or sublease listing:
- Only Appalachian State University students may post ads for a roommate or sublease.
- You must have a valid AppState user name and password in order to access this site. Do not allow others to access the site using your information. Abuse of this policy will lead to posts being removed and/ or disciplinary action being taken.
Guidelines for listings:
- Listings should provide detailed, accurate information that is specific to the property and situation being advertised. Complete all fields. Provide multiple photographs.
- Respond promptly to any inquiries received. Prompt responses are respectful to your fellow-students and keep this site useful and reliable.
How the site works:
- You have the option of providing your contact information in your ad so that interested students can contact you directly or having all communications go through the website in order to protect your personal information.
- All posts are on a timer. After thirty days, a post will be deactivated. This is easy to overcome by checking your listing and extending your deadline. Please remove your ad promptly if are no longer looking for a roommate or sublease.
- Ads will appear in reverse chronological order (i.e. most recent posts will be at the top of the page).
- Appalachian State University reserves the right to unilaterally remove any posts from the database at any time.
- For technical assistance, contact Matt McNaney in Electronic Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 262-6493. For other questions, contact Karla Rusch, Director of Off-Campus Community Relations, at email@example.com or (828) 262-8284.