Getting Started - Property Owners and Managers
Welcome to the Off-Campus Housing Database!
The purpose of this site is to provide Appalachian State University students with a reliable, informative, and easy-to-use database for finding off-campus housing in the Boone community.
Who is eligible to post property listings:
- Only property owners, designated agents, or property management companies may post properties for rent.
- Property owners, agents or management companies must have an office or other physical presence in Watauga County. Individual landlords (i.e. private individuals who own one or two rental properties in the community) may live outside of Watauga County, but must have a North Carolina mailing address and telephone number. To request an exception to this requirement, contact Karla Rusch, Director of Off-Campus Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 262-8284.
Guidelines for listings:
- Click here to create an account. You will then be able to list properties for rent and manage your listings.
- Listings should provide detailed, accurate information that is specific to the property being advertised. Complete all fields. Provide multiple photographs.
- All listings must include at least two photographs of the specific property being advertised; at least one photograph must be an interior photo.
- The company or individual property owner name must be provided and will be displayed for each listing.
How the site works:
- All property listings are on a timer. After thirty days, a property will be deactivated. This is easy to overcome by checking your listings and extending your deadline. Listings should be promptly removed by the owner/ manager if the property is no longer available.
- The order in which property listings appear on the site will be automatically shuffled periodically, so that different properties will appear at the top of the page.
- For technical assistance, please contact Matt McNaney at email@example.com or (828) 262-6493.
- Appalachian State University reserves the right to unilaterally remove any property listing from the database at any time.
Appalachian State University offers this site as a convenience to the University community. The University does not manage or own any of the properties listed here, with the exception of University Highlands. The University has made no independent investigation of, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the suitability, fitness, condition or safety of the properties listed on this site or the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. The University does not recommend or endorse any of the properties or companies listed on this site. It is the sole responsibility of the students or other users of this site to check out the properties and/or landlords listed. The University is not responsible for any liability or damage arising from the use of information on this site.